Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Tying Desk, New Fly

My mother-in-law found this great roll-top desk at a rummage sale in Wisconsin.  They did some work to it, and Justin was able to bring it out to Colorado when he moved out a few weeks back.  I finally got a space to tie on my new desk this week, and I'm pumped to have some space for tying.  Most fly tiers have a space to call their own, so I'm thankful to have one for myself.  I look forward to tying many flies on this great desk.

Some of us will be headed to fish the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork in May, and it's been a goal to tie and design a few B.W.O. flies for the trip.  Both of these rivers see a great Blue Winged Olive hatch and I'm sure we will see some late season midge's as well.  The CDC fly will trap air bubbles and give a great silhouette when in the film. The Lagartun French Flatbraid is a great material for wings.  I've tied them with glass beads as well.  I'm excited to do some field testing with them on the Blue in the near future.  Get out fishing and enjoy the Colorado weather we have been given.

Tight Lines,

A.J. Dudek

No comments:

Post a Comment