Monday, June 27, 2011

Update on R.M.N.P.

It's almost July and the water is still rolling.  The west slope is under water, Yellowstone shops are closed, and some shops in the Midwest are still at a stand still with trips.  We are blessed to have fishable water to put clients on.  Over the past two weeks I've been out quite a bit, and we've had some great days on the water.  One of my favorite trips was a father/son combo.  Scott and Josh spent four hours with me in the park, and even with high water, we caught some nice fish.  Scott landed the nicest fish I've scene on Glacier Creek in quite some time.

I left him alone on a nice bend and when I came back to check on him, his rod was bent over near some willows.  I assumed that he was stuck under the bushes, but then I started seeing his rod tip bounce, and it seemed he was focused and a little nervous.  As I got closer I witnessed a nice brown flash and head down river.  Due to the faster than usual water, it took a bit to land the fish, but to my surprise it was a beautiful wild brown.  The rest of the day we picked up some brookies, rainbows, and smaller brown trout.  Most fish looked at adult stones and the trusty "Barnie."  It looks like we will be guiding in high water for another two weeks.  It's going to be gangbusters once the water starts to drop and hold for the rest of the summer.  These fish are going to be on!

Cheers,

A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment